Our News
News and Events

Contact Arrangements

  • Posted

When it comes to children, it can often be difficult to agree on the arrangements particularly when parties are going through separation or divorce. 

Whatever the circumstances, if you are unable to agree on the arrangements, then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangements Order.  This sets out the arrangements including: (1) where the child(ren) should live (2) what time they should spend with the other parent (3) when and what other types of contact should take place. 

A child’s mother, father or anyone with parental responsibility can apply for this order.  Even those who don’t have Parental Responsibility can apply   but they will need permission from the court beforehand.   

Whether you are living locally or are deployed away from your child(ren) you can made an application to spend time with your child.    Each application is looked at based on the circumstances of each individual family and what is in the best interest of the child(ren). 

It is important for children to see both of their parents and it is our aim to assist you in reaching an agreement and removing the pressure and stress that this often brings.  We aim to resolve matters out of Court wherever possible.  Please contact Karah Lane or Darren White at FDR Law our Warrington Office on 01925 230000 or by email at info@fdrlaw.co.uk if you require assistance.

#contactarrangement #divorce #fdrlaw #warrington #cheshire