Margaret Evans, Head of Corporate Law discusses finding a buyer in the part 5 of The Selling Process Series.
We are currently looking to recruit Conveyancing Assistants to be based in our Warrington office. The role is primarily to provide administration support within a busy team of Conveyancing professionals in the residential property department dealing with pre-loved and new build homes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The role is primarily to provide administration support to a qualified Lawyer or a Residential Conveyancer. The main duties and responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Opening files on Tikit and setting up electronic files
- Providing cover for telephone and email diverts
- Scanning - including ID scanning for visitors
- Seeing clients to take initial paperwork where required
- Speaking with estate agents, site offices and other side's solicitors where required
- Speaking with clients on the telephone
- Assisting with collating information for reports on report days
- Dealing with incoming post/emails and faxes
- Date stamping/scanning incoming post and saving to Tikit
- Preparing outgoing post
- Applying for searches
- Retrieving and filing away archive files
- Maintaining archive file records
- Assisting fee earners and the Conveyancing Services Manager by:
- selecting closed files for audit and making a record
- organising files ready for audit
- helping to prepare audit records for manager
The successful candidate for this role will be educated to at least GCSE level and must have 1 years experience in the legal sector, ideally within a Residential Conveyancing department, although this is not essential.
A high level of organisation, administration and communication will be required for this role as the candidate will be supporting Lawyers, and Conveyancers/Paralegals within the department as well as having to meet their own administrative objectives.
This role requires an individual with attention to detail and the ability to work well and under pressure with minimal supervision.
Candidates should be self motivated and enthusiastic about their work and focused on their self development and the development of others within the team, ensuring contribution to the department is maximised.
This would suit a junior legal professional who is looking to develop themselves further and focus their career on the legal sector, particularly within the Residential Conveyancing sector. The role provides an excellent foot in the legal world and we provide a range of personal development and career opportunities for the right candidate.
Please send an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for this role.