FDR Law advise pub chain on £17.9m sale Warrington based pub group Bravo Inns has been acquired by the Hawthorn Leisure arm of property investment firm NewRiver REIT plc in a deal worth £17.9m, with FDR Law’s Corporate team...
The legal process of conveyancing differs somewhat when buying a New Build property than the purchase of an existing one and requires experience and specialist skills unique to this area of the law.
Often buyers will have only seen a show house and construction on your new home may not have even started yet, and buyers are often asked to commit to the purchase without having seen the house you are buying. The New Build team at FDR Law are dedicated specialists and can assist you with every step of the way, from the moment you select your plot to when you open your new front door for the first time.
The steady rise of the number of new build properties in the UK can in part be attributed to Government led initiatives in tackling the ongoing housing shortage and the growing population. As a result, schemes such as Help to Buy and part exchanges often play a part in the New Build process, which a New Build Solicitor will need to be familiar with.
The FDR Law team understand only too well the complexities of conveyancing for a New Build property and their years of experience have developed procedures for a quick and effective process. Often the timescales can be short, and our solicitors are experienced in working to tight deadlines, liaising with you, your New Build property sellers (who will probably have a large number of sales completed at the same time), and other related parties.
We can assist with:
- Understanding sales incentives – often housing developers may offer additional incentives i.e. payment of legal fees, fittings & furnishings.
- Help to Buy Scheme advice
- New Home Build Warranty or Guarantee – the housing developer will usually offer this as part of the construction and the activation will be triggered by your solicitor during the legal process
- Planning Permission and Building Regulations Consents – we will ensure that Local Authority planning permission has been granted and if there are any attached conditions which will need to be adhered to. Similarly, with Building regulations consent this controls the methods and materials used in the construction of the property to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Road and Sewer Adoption Agreements - we will ensure that the appropriate agreements have been entered into with the Highways Agency and the local Water Authority by your developer.
- Restrictive Covenants – are a set of negative obligations placed on new build buyers. We will be able to provide guidance on these.
- Appropriate Rights – your property must have appropriate rights to enable you to use the property i.e. roads, drains and sewers, pipes and cables for gas, electricity and telephone services.
- Property Registration – we will deal with the registration of your property at the Land Registry to ensure your ownership of the property is secured.
To request a New Build conveyancing quotation or to discuss the process contact our team on 01925 230000, email NewBuild@fdrlaw.co.uk or complete the enquiry form on this page.
The FDR Law New Build team can also help Developers of New Build properties.