Margaret Evans, Head of Corporate Law discusses finding a buyer in the part 5 of The Selling Process Series.
We are currently recruiting for experienced residential conveyancing lawyers to join our busy residential conveyancing department in Warrington.
The function of the Conveyancing Fee Earner is to ensure that all property transactions are pro-actively managed from inception to exchange to completion, maintaining strong client service levels and working relationships with referrers. Also dealing with Help to Buy and Shared Ownership applications as part of the purchase process.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Receiving instructions and providing legal advice to clients on previously owned and new build transactions
- ID requirements, source of funds, gift deposits and risk assessments.
- Issuing contracts
- Mortgage redemptions
- Exchange of contracts
- Ordering and reporting on searches
- Checking and reporting of titles, including leases and raising associated enquiries.
- Checking and reporting on mortgages/management packs/Shared Ownership/Help to Buy process
- Completing the full process of the conveyancing purchase or sale transaction
- Managing and developing relations with referrers such as mortgage brokers, estate agents, new homes developers etc
- Minimum of 2-3 years PQE
- Must have residential conveyancing experience which includes full responsibility for handling all aspects of their own case load
- New Build experience with specific experience with Shared Ownership & Help to Buy would be ideal but is not essential
- Confident and professional in written and verbal communications
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to assist non-qualified conveyancers/paralegals with any legal queries
Please send an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com if you are interested in applying for this role.