FDR Law are delighted to once again support the Warrington Oktoberfest event as it comes of age in it's 18th year.
Oktoberfest 18 is being held at Parr Hall, Palmyra Square South from the 2nd to the 4th October 2014.
The annual event supports local and international charities including:
- Active Hope - Enabling children and young people from all circumstances and backgrounds to participate in outdoor and adventure activities and to provide support to those groups whose access is limited by finance or circumstance. Active Hope offers activities to promote positive and successful experiences to boost self-worth with sound adult role-models
- Canal Boat Adventure Project - Supporting young people aged 7 to 21 years in the Halton, Widnes & Warrington areas.The charity exists to encourage and support disadvantaged children and young people, such as young carers, victims of crime, neglect and domestic violence.
- Life Education Centres Northwest - Providing children with a stimulating learning environment to encourage positive attitudes to health and the adoption of healthy lifestyles.Working with selected primary schools' children and their parents targetting schools in deprived wards of the town.
- Music in Hospitals - Bringing the therapeutic benefits of live music to adults and children with all kinds of illness, mental health problems, dementia, physical and learning difficulties, being cared for in hospitals, hospices, care homes, day care centres, and special schools.
- St Rocco's Hospice - St. Rocco’s Hospice has been established in Warrington for 28 years and provides specialist care for patients with cancer and other life limiting illnesses. Its aim is to help everyone have the best quality of life by providing care and support in a friendly, relaxed environment.
- Warrington Visually Impaired Centre - Supporting blind, partially sighted and people with sight problems. Also providing help for their families and friends in the Warrington area and support for a Sensory Garden Project.
- Warrington Youth Club - Girls Group Programme. Working with young people aged 7 - 19 and up to age 25 for disabled or vulnerable young people. The Girls Group work with a small group of girls on a personal development 12 week programme.
- Disaster Aid UK & Ireland - Helping rebuild lives worldwide through the provision of vital emergency shelter and survival systems utilising Rotary Emergency Survival boxes.
- Village Water - Changes lives in Zambia through the provision of safe water and sanitation by supporting activities in more than 680 villages and 10 schools, reaching approximately 150,000 people. Village Water goes back to basics and helps the community understand why they need to make changes to improve sanitation and to make those changes to benefit these communities in the long term.
For more information or details on how to get tickets go to Warrington Oktoberfest 1