Based on the popular BBC Saturday night entertainment programme Strictly Come Dancing, St Rocco's have created their version Strictly St Rocco's to raise money for the Warrington based charity.
Now in it's 3rd year Strictly St Rocco's invites a number of local business people and sporting personalities to dance with a professional at a glittering event to be held at The Mere on Sunday 13th December 2013.
FDR Law Commercial Partner Margaret Evans was personally invited to be one of the contesants this year and met her fellow dancers at their first practice session at Cadmans Dance Studio in Sale recently. A video showing their initial dance moves can be viewed on the Warrington Guardian website.
To date Strictly St Rocco's has raised over £60,000 for the charity, and to mark their 30th anniversary this year they would like to raise another £30,000.
Watch out for updates on Margaret's progress on the dance floor over the coming months in the meantime you may like to support her and St Rocco's by making a donation on her fundraising page
The full list of contestants are:
- Ben Westwood, Warrington Wolves player
- Nicky Parkinson, head teacher at Park Road Primary School, Great Sankey
- Phil Evans, relationship director at RBS Warrington
- Margaret Evans, partner at FDR Law, Palmyra Square
- Ian Mackinnon, St Rocco’s patron
- Anna Chrystal, marketing manager at Golden Square Shopping Centre
- Mark Carrington, Wrexham FC footballer
- Gill Twist, director of sales at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Paul Cockcroft, SSE Fiddlers Ferry Power Station
- Hayley Smith, editor of the Warrington Guardian
Photographs have been provided by St Rocco's and Warrington Guardian