Information relating to current vacancies or career opportunities at FDR Law are detailed in this section.
Job Description: IT Support Assistant/Technician
Reports to: IT Service Manager
Reported to by: N/A
- Provide first and some second line support for all hardware and software utilised by FDR Solicitors.
- You will report directly to the IT Service Manager and will work as part of a wider team.
- You will be located at the central Warrington Office but may be required to assist at any of the other branch offices in the Warrington area.
Description of Role
- To provide a prompt response to all queries into the ITS department, to gather a detailed description of the problem and to provide advice where you are able.
- To log all queries and details of actions into the ITS call logging system, and maintain the system so that all information is up to date, and all queries are attended to within the agreed SLA’s. Any issues within 30 minutes of the target SLA should be brought to the attention of the IT service manager immediately.
- To repair any faulty hardware and to report to the IT Service manager any requirements for replacement components.
- To prepare machines for distribution into the Network and ensure all software is working before a machine is released.
- To provide solutions to all software problems and provide guidance and training to staff on all software utilised by the firm.
- To promptly alert the IT manager of any query you are unable to resolve and of any failures within the network infrastructure.
- To install software and upgrades across the network and to reinstall all software to any machine that is deemed to be problematic.
- To deploy all new hardware to the network, and relocate hardware/peripherals around the network and offices when deemed appropriate.
- To be competent in all software used by the organisation and continue to develop these skills as software is upgraded and as new software is brought in.
- To maintain all deployed software, and maintain all databases, check data accuracy, and keep data integrity at an adequate level so as to not hamper future projects.
- To assist the IT Service Manager and 3rd parties in the deployment of future IT Projects.
- To assist in the development of the ITS systems, including Intranet, databases and case management systems, once they have attained the appropriate skills.
- To perform any technical tasks assigned by the IT Service manager, once you have attained the appropriate skills.
Skills Required to Perform Job
- A polite, professional and understanding demeanour is required. As is the ability to learn quickly and cope with a busy environment.
- A logical and methodical mind is required to diagnose problems and ensure work does not get overlooked.
- The ability to drive/deliver equipment to branch offices and the appropriate business insurance.
- An Understanding of the following Software is desirable and will be developed during the duration of the role:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 and 2016/19
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Office 365 for Email
- Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Terminal Server 2016
- Microsoft Terminal Services 2008
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Security Software, firewalls.
- Patch Management, deployment software.
- Computer usage monitoring
- System Imaging
- IE 10 and Edge
- TFB - Partners for windows
- Bighand (digital Dictation)
- Oyez Forms
- ESET Anti-Virus
- Vsphere & virtualization
- Nuance manage printing solution
- An Understanding of the following Hardware is desirable to perform the role and will be developed during the duration of the role:
- Networking Hardware (routers, stacked switches, NIC, modems)
- Networking Cabling
- Networking essentials (TCP/IP)
- PC Hardware including fault diagnostics
- Managed Printing
- Peripherals (fault finding)
- PBX phone systems
- The following would be advantageous but not required:
- Mimecast secure messaging
- Veeam Backup & replication
- Watchguard UTM
- Comp TIA certification
Please send your CV and covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will comprise of a written assessment that should take no longer than 30 minutes, followed by a face to face interview with the IT service manager. If required applicants may be asked to attend a second interview.
Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept speculative or unsolicited emails from recruitment agencies.
We work closely with a small number of approved agencies and will not be looking to expand this list in the foreseeable future.